My kids love broccoli. But even if yours don’t, you should know I’ve converted many a broccoli-hater with this creation. I don’t measure anything when I make it (which is very unlike me). I’ve tried to provide approximate measurements for my fellow Type A cooks out there. This should make enough for 6 helpings.
Roasted Broccoli with Garlic + Parmesan
6-8 cups broccoli florets – I use 1/2 to 2/3 of the big bag from Costco
5-6 cloves garlic
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
S & P
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prep a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut broccoli into smaller bite-size pieces. Remove and discard any large stems. Put broccoli pieces in a large bowl.
- I normally used the chopped garlic from a jar when I cook, but not for this recipe. You can if you really want to, but I strongly prefer nice big pieces of garlic. I put 5-6 cloves on the ingredient list, but honestly I use an entire head of garlic. Peel and roughly slice the garlic – but not too small or they’ll burn. Add to bowl of broccoli.
- Drizzle olive oil over the broccoli and garlic and mix to evenly coat. I usually use my hands rather than a spoon for this step. You want everything evenly coated, but not dripping.
- Spread broccoli-garlic mixture on the prepared baking sheet. Be sure your baking sheet is large enough to spread the broccoli in a single layer. Use an extra baking sheet if you need to – you do not want piles of broccoli or they won’t brown and get delicious like they’re supposed to!!
- Season with S & P, and then top with grated Parmesan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 425 degrees. (I do NOT stir mine until it’s finished and I scoop it into a serving bowl.) Keep an eye on it at the end – it’s done when it’s starting to brown and get nice and crispy.
This broccoli is definitely on the regular rotation around here. Try it with the Goat Cheese + Balsamic Burgers we made last week!