291. Playing store with my kids this morning – and covertly practicing math in the process. Oh, and the fact that it couldn’t be any store; they insisted that our store was called Target. Talk about speaking my love language. Well done, children. Well done.
292. Playing foosball with Owen – and how excited he gets when he beats me. I think he knows I’m actually trying really hard, which seems to make victory that much sweeter for him. And that much more humiliating for me. 🙂
293. Encouraging notes from friends and family.
294. Fire in the fireplace… rain tapping on the window… hot coffee next to me.
295. Warm blankets to tuck in around my children. Especially on those crazy cold nights.
296. Reading The Lion, the Witch, & the Wardrobe to my kids, getting to the end of a chapter, and hearing, “Don’t stop reading! Just one more chapter!”
297. Cooking dinner last night for a dear friend and getting to hear how she’s doing. It’s an honor to be part of her life.
298. The aforementioned friend still ate what I cooked even though I inadvertantly used an insane amount of pepper and not nearly enough salt. I really can’t chat and cook at the same time. I’m like the “can’t walk & chew gum” version of cooking.
299. This amazing Bible app for kids (mine love it)
300. These freeing words: